Friday, August 14, 2009

Dante: The Divine Comedy Audiobook

Each month christianaudio.com gives away a free audiobook download. This month the featured book is Dante's Divine Comedy (i.e., the Inferno, the Purgatorio, and the Paradiso) in the wonderful translation by John Ciardi, my favorite of all the ones I've seen. This will last only until the end of this month (August 2009), so you don't want to put this off:
https://christianaudio.com/free
The pleasant female narrator is certainly not who I would have chosen to read Dante's harrowing journey through Hell, and I think it's a bit difficult to understand because of her quick speed, but nevertheless I recommend it to anyone who does not think himself up to the task of actually reading the book.

There is definitely something to be said for reading it in print.

No comments:

Post a Comment